Victor says
Happy new year! For this year 2020, my prayer is to have a spiritual 2020 vision. How to have this 2020 vision? I don’t know, but my hope and prayer is as we start this new year, I may have a clear 2020 spiritual perspective as I walk my life of faith. Often times my vision becomes murky and blurry because my heart was set on the wrong things, stuff that are just temporary. When i focused my eyes and set my heart on things of this world, I become spiritually near sighted and I failed to see the broader things God had stored for me. For this year I chose Ephesians 1:18 as my key verse which says, “18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,..”
Instead of focusing my energy on temporary things in which the book of Matthew had described as treasure on earth “ where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;” my key verse had suggest that I should open the eyes of my heart that I may know the hope to which I was called. But what is this hope? Is this hope to someday win a lottery? Is this a hope to have an early retirement? This really made curious and made me asked the question what this hope he was talking about. But as I read further and investigate, I came across Colossians 1:27 which read “27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Well thats it! Christ in me, the hope of glory! I think this is the best hope any man can ever have, For the king of kings and Lord of lords to actually dwell in sinner such as me. This is much better than winning the lottery, this is a BONANZA!
When grace happens, Christ enters. Christ in me, the hope of glory! For many years, I missed this truth. I believed all the other prepositions: Christ for me, Christ with me, Christ ahead of me. But I never imagined that Christ was in me.
No other religion or philosophy makes such a claim. No other movement implies the living presence of its founder in his followers. Muhammad does not indwell Muslims. Buddha does not inhabit Buddhists. Influence? Instruct? Yes. But occupy? No.
This mysterious hope is summarized in Colossians 1:27, “Christ is in you!” This doesn’t mean we are perfect, but at least sanctification is finally possible because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Little by little a new image emerges! All because of God’s Grace!
For the year 2020, I pray that the eyes of hearts may be enlightened and that all of us may have 2020 vision.
Abigail says
My 2019 key verse is from Luke 1:45 which says, "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!"
Overcoming my “hope management” (letting your hope or expectations not get too high, so you won’t get disappointed) is still a work in progress to this day. But I’m so grateful I have Luke 1:45 to constantly remind me that I have a God who is able to fulfill promises and has the power to do the impossible. It was a lot easier for me to ask God of my needs and share my desires, from asking Him for journey mercy to asking for a parcel to arrive on time.
Thank God for His words are true!
This leads me to my 2020 key verse from Psalms 119:10-11 which says, "With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."
Google said wholehearted means characterized by complete sincerity and commitment. That’s my prayer and desire for 2020, to be sincere and committed in seeking God through His words. In our John study it was emphasized that God’s word is He himself revealed to us. I know how important it is to read and memorize God’s word, it’s quite embarrassing but often than not it takes the least priority. In our recent travels and meeting with family and friends, I saw opportunities to bless people with God’s word. I also saw the need to memorize so not to miss these opportunities. Just like what verse 11 said I want to store up God's word in my heart, that I might not sin against Him. Not that I'm not gonna sin again, but God’s word in my heart will constantly rebuke me when I sin and remind me that Jesus died for all my sins.
Please pray for me that I prioritize reading and memorizing God’s word this year. Please pray that I may eliminate distractions and excuses.
One word: Abi read and memorize God’s word
No comments:
Post a Comment