Victor says
For the past years or so I had John 15:16a as my key verse. It says "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last." and even though it's a beautiful verse to keep and meditate I know that deep inside that one of the reason I keep this verse was because of my laziness to find a new key verse. But that doesn't mean that God's word has no effect on me. Of course even though I am lazy to find key verse whenever we have key verse sharing like tonight, I am continued to be reminded by my key verse that it was God's choice to pick me. It was not an accident that our path somehow crossed and we made some divine connection. But in His great power and he already knew me before I was even born. And more remarkable is that he included me to take part in His fruit bearing business. Usually when I think about these fruits, I think about Bible students... then I despair... no not really... when I look for my fruits, I see that God has allowed me to control my tongue from speaking so sharply and hurt others feeling. I noticed that my sharp tongue is gradually slowing down and I actually start to think before I speak. Before, I just speak as I please. I thank God for giving me a sensitive wife. The best way to quiet a sharp tongue is a sensitive wife. Instead of saying words that can hurt her, I am learning to think before I speak and learning to just be quiet. Through this, I believe that God allows me to bear fruit by keeping the peace instead of causing some pain because of my hurtful words.
I have John 15:16a as my life key verse but this year I choose Hebrews 12:1 as my key verse which says "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud if witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." I chose this verse because not only I want to keep the right perspective in life but also to run with perseverance in the race God marked for me. It is so easy to lose perspective of the race marked for us because there are so many things that can distract us from the real deal. When I was going for my graduate studies, this verse had helped me to keep my eyes on the price which is getting my diploma. In the race of life I want to keep my eyes on the price which is Heavenly Kingdom with our Lord and Savior. It is just sad to realize sometimes that I rarely think about heaven because my focus is on earthly things. Instead of enjoying the fact God has prepared an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade for me. I really need to focus and have the right perspective. That's why I chose this verse to encouraged me to run with perseverance the race marked out for me. I pray to run with perseverance the race God marked out for me.
ONE WORD: Run Victor run!
Abigail says
My last year's key verse is from Proverbs 16:9 which says, "In his heart a man plans His course, but the Lord determines his steps." I started 2011 with a lot in my to-do list. This verse reminded me to include God in all the plans I have for the year, big or small. I am truly amazed how God bring things in accomplishment when I share to Him my heart's desires and earnestly seek His will for me and my family.
Last year,
• I got my first job and blessed to have Sh. Paul as my boss.
* We travelled to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary.
• I purchased my first wheels, though I just have a pair for now. I believe God will give me 4, when I finally learn how to drive.
• I served the Lord through our ministry, from being part of singspiration team, conference committee member, All stars for Jesus teacher and pioneer of our tambourine ministry
Praise God for His awesome work in my life!
Despite all the proof of God's faithfulness, I still struggled a lot with my personal fears. I’m afraid of so many things. I’m afraid of not getting pregnant because of my family's health history. I’m afraid of not performing well in my job due to lack of experience. I’m afraid of not seeing my mom again. I'm afraid of reaching out because I'm scared of being rejected. I even got scared of not being loved by my husband anymore and that he'll send me back to the Philippines. Call me what you want, yes I'm a chicken. But this shouldn't be.
To guard my heart and free my mind from these thoughts I chose 1 John 4:18-19 as my 2012 key verse, which says:
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
19 We love because he first loved us.
I want God's love to be my reality because his love is unconditional that even if I doubt, even if I fail, even I messed up in the past His love never changes. In His love I'm secured, that no matter what happen He will love me today, tomorrow and for the rest of my life. Because of His love I'm His daughter and I have a home in heaven. I pray that with God's love I'll overcome all the fears that I have. Please pray that I may find courage in God's love in everything that I do and follow His leading without any hesitation.
ONE WORD: Face your fear Abi, God loves you.
No comments:
Post a Comment