Last year I didn't choose a key-verse but I was holding on to my life key-verse which is John 15:16a "You didn't choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last." I chose this verse praying that I may bear much fruit for God on 2010. However, I struggled to appy this verse in my life last year. Like any other fruit bearing businesses, I know that producing spiritual fruits would require lot of labor evern though the return in the end is much greater thatn any other work you can do out there. But in spite of this, I decided to just take it easy an chose to live a mediocre life thinking that a "little bit of doing this for the Lord" and a "little bit of doing that for the Lord" is enough. But despite my unfruitful way of living, the Lord is faithful and has blessed me with a fruitful 2010.
Many beautiful things happened in my life last year. There are couple of significant events last year that procalim the beautiful work of God in my life. First, I finished my school and graduated with my master degree. Who would ever thought that a guy like me, who pretty much struggled in my college career, would have this kind of victory? It's only by the grace of Jesus. I remember 2 days before the deadline of my final master's project, my project was not even functional and I was contemplating to extend my graduate program for another semester. And through that struggle, I went to God in prayer. And by his mercy, He opened my mind and I was able to finish my final project with high praised from my professors. I have learned through this experience that our Lord Jesus is greater that any problem, no matter how hard the problem you may face. Second, God has blessed me with the gift of marriage and not just to anyone but to the most beautiful and very talented woman of God. WOW! That's two victories in one year! I feel like the most blessed person in the world. God is faithful in blessing me with a fruitful year, even though I was not faithful in producing Spiritual fruit for Him. I pray that this new year, producing spiritual for the Lord may be my top priority.
So for my 2011 key verse, I chose John 15:16a as my key verse "You didn't choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last." And like what I said, I pray that producing spiritual fruit for the Lord may be my top priority this new year. I pray that not just myself but my wife included to live not just a mediocre life, doing a little bit of this and little bit of that for God, but to really live a life that is pleasing to Him, taking care of others and feeding others with the word of God.
ONE SENTENCE: Produce spiritual fruits for the Lord!
Abigail says:
I'm blessed to have our wedding key verse because I don't have one of my own, it's from John 15:16a that says "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last." These were Jesus' words that thought me of one great thing...it's Him who made the first choice... to love me and die for my sins. Without His choice I would never have a chance to make one... choice to accept His beautiful offer. Before I used to make choices by my own... thinking I'm geared up with all the knowledge I have from school and experiences from work. But most of my choices became failures that broke my heart and everyone I love.
This verse made me realize that... it's all because of God's choice to love me...
- that I chose to be married to a man that loves me only next to God… whose now my dear husband and a partner in God's ministry
- that I chose to be a member of a bigger and happy family... the Austria Clan and the UBF Wright ministry
- that I chose to experience winter and fall
- that I chose to be a permanent resident of the United States of America
Without God I might never made a right choice.
I know that our marriage's just starting and a lot more is yet to come. I'm excited to know where would God lead us and see what fruits we'll bear to become blessing to others. We decided to keep John 15:16a as our key verse for 2011, but I also wanted to have one of my own... another first for me. So I chose Proverbs 16:9 which says "In his heart a man plans His course, but the Lord determines his steps."
I have a lot of plans for this year... get a job, learn how to drive, celebrate our first wedding anniversary, buy a house, have a baby etc. etc. etc. I pray that I may learn to ask God's guidance in all the plans I'm going to make... big or small. And that I may trust Him deeply as I act on those plans.
Please pray that God will be the writer of my 2011 planner and that I may depend on Him to accomplish my 2011 to-do-list. Please pray that I may continue to seek His wisdom through His words and share with Him my thoughts through prayers.
ONE WORD: Abi keep trusting the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment